Group Mentor Coaching Program Overview
Update Aug 2023: I’m taking a sabbatical from private 1:1 and group mentor coaching beginning in 2024, and I’m only accepting a limited number of 1:1 clients whose hours can be completed by December 2023.
If you’d like to have a conversation about us working together, feel free to schedule time for us to chat: calendly.com/bethbuelow/mento
If you’re interested in learning in a collaborative environment and experiencing a range of coaching styles, Group Mentor Coaching might be just what you’re looking for! The ICF Group Mentoring cohorts take place on Zoom and are made up of no more than 4 participants. This allows for everyone to fully engage with the material and one another; everyone will have at least one turn as coach, client, and observer. The ICF requires 10 hours of live mentor coaching; this program provides you with 7 hours of group mentoring and 3 hours of 1:1 sessions.
Note for ACC applicants: in order to enroll in the ICF Group Mentor Coaching cohort, participants who are applying for an ACC credential must have completed at least 30 hours of your coach training program and have at least 30 hours of coaching logged (bartered, paid, or pro bono) by the time of the first group session. If you have questions about that, please let me know when we chat.
Here’s how the program works:
- Each participant receives 5 group sessions (four 90-min and one 60-min = 7 hrs total) + 3 individual 60-min sessions (3 hrs total) over a minimum 3-month (90-day) period
- Group sessions include in-class peer coaching or review of a pre-recorded session; feedback, reflections, and learning; and a discussion exploring various aspects of the ICF Core Competencies and Code of Ethics
- All group sessions must be attended live in order to receive credit
- Individual 1:1 sessions can begin before the group sessions, run concurrently with the group sessions, or commence once the group sessions are completed. 1:1 sessions focus on review and discussion of a pre-recorded coaching session you have had with an existing client. If you’re not renewing or applying for your credential, the sessions also can be used for open discussion about your coaching skills, the ICF Core Competencies, and the ICF Code of Ethics, and/or reviewing and discussing publicly available coaching demos.
- If you are applying for your ACC credential, additional 1:1 sessions can be negotiated if needed to identify a recording for submission.
- Your mentor coaching experience also counts for up to 10 hours of ICF Core Competency CCEUs.
- More detailed information can be found in the Mentor Coaching FAQ
ICF Group Mentor Coaching Program Investment
- $1,750 USD for full 10-hour program (7 hours of group sessions + 3 hours 1:1)
- $1,225 USD for 7 hours of group sessions only
- $700 USD for three 1:1 hours only (an option if you’ve already completed or are going to complete 7 hours of group mentor coaching elsewhere)
Installment options are available for the 10-hr and 7-hr programs. Please feel free to inquire about this during your information call.
If you’re interested in being notified about future mentoring groups, drop me a line.
3 Hours of 1:1 Mentor Coaching:
Individual Session dates and times for those who are part of the Group Mentoring can happen before or during the Group Session period, or you can begin once the group sessions have completed. I will work with you to create a session schedule that both suits your needs and meets the ICF requirement that your 10 hours take place over a 3-month minimum.
If you are on deadline to submit your ICF application by a certain date, we will be sure to complete our sessions to meet that requirement. If you aren’t trying to meet that deadline, then you have more flexibility with your 1:1 start and end dates.Where I hang out online...